- 4 boneless partridge breast halves
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Add all ingredients to list
Prep 25 minutes
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the slices of bacon in the skillet and fry until they have released their juices, but are not crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside. Place the partridge breast halves into the pan, and brown them quickly, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the partridge pieces, and wrap each one with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks. Pour enough of the drippings from the skillet into a baking dish to cover the bottom. Place the partridge pieces into the dish along with the chicken broth, white wine, shallots, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove drippings from the baking dish using a turkey baster, and place in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Serve gravy with partridge.