Wild Turkey Meatballs with mushrooms and asparagus on Alfredo pasta
By Melissa Lindsay from Adventuress Magazine August 2016
Serves 6-8 (makes 12 meatballs)
1 lb. wild turkey ground breast meat
3 cloves fresh garlic
1/4 c. fresh cilantro
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 c. cornflakes, finely crushed
12 cubes of mozzarella cheese
2 T. shredded Parmesan cheese
2 c. of chopped mushrooms of your choice (this recipe used white button & cremini)
2 c. of chopped asparagus
2 T. butter
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 jars of Alfredo sauce
1 pkg. of spaghetti noodles
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– Mix first eight ingredients together for the meatball mixture.
– Form 12 equal-sized balls and stuff each one with a cube of mozzarella cheese. Place in a greased dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
– Cook for approximately 45 minutes.
– Add veggies, butter, salt and pepper to a frying pan and sauté for 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
– Add Alfredo sauce and turn heat down to medium (I took out a few veggies to add to the top for display purposes)
– Cook pasta, and when all is ready, plate and enjoy!